The definition of visionary is someone or something that thinks about the future or advancements in a creative and imaginative way. A person who is ahead of his time and who has a powerful plan for change in the future.
Do You Want to be a Visionary? 10 things that will let you know if you have what it takes:
- You need to develop the ability to see things early, as Vision is a skillset first and foremost.
- You need to move quickly as a strategic thinker and be intensely focused to take advantage of the market trends and future opportunities.
- You need to be a transformational leader in innovation, risk taking, transitions and difficult organizational challenges.
- You need to handle tumultuous times and must have tenacity and determination to see through to the target.
- You need to be able to connect the dots, without getting bogged down in technical details.
- You need to make sense of what you see and develop the ability to do things early and differently.
- You need to master self-control and self-discipline while setting goals and charting the path for success.
- You need to take the necessary time to think strategically and train your mind to react to changes at a moment’s notice.
- You need to be a charismatic and skilled communicator who generates excitement and passion in the Vision and Mission to motivate others to take things to the next level.
- You need to move past the status quo and be comfortable with failure due to changes beyond your control.